The EOxServer Team is pleased to announce the 0.2.0 release of EOxServer
, a major milestone in the history of EOxServer. Please find below a
short introduction to EOxServer.
EOxServer's mission: To provide an Open Source software framework to
ease the online provision of big Earth Observation data archives via
Open Standard services for efficient exploitation by users.
* Open Source: MIT-style license
* Open Standard services: Open in the sense of freely available;
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC); WMS, WCS, EO-WMS, EO-WCS
* software framework: Entirely based on Open Source (Python,
MapServer, Django, GDAL, etc.)
* ease online provision: Admin GUI and command line data
* big Earth Observation data archives: Operators register existing
raster data archives
* efficient exploitation by users: User defined sub-setting; view
The new release can be downloaded from .
The documentation including an installation manual and operators' guide
is available online at .
Please ask your questions on the mailing lists  or in the IRC
(#eoxserver on freenode).
Big thanks to everybody involved for making this happen.